How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

SO i gave her money to get a flight and so on with some of

Resolved Question:

SO i gave her money to get a flight and so on with some of her friends rang me make it real.
It looks like i have been cond?
SO I ring the police tomorrow do you think i have got a case, with 99 emails in 3 months!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Have you ever met her in person?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No i met her on a dating web site in July,She said she working away and so in a month she replied again then we were talking every day, then at the last 2 weeks she had money problems at work, Then her business partners in London were ringing me and saying she has some money in a business in the uk and they set up some saving accounts under my name and a application loan. i have cancelled them when they wrote to me to comfirm it was correct. And now a american ringing me, telling me what to do to help her to get a visa. He said he works for the british embassy,in Whastington DC. I rang him back on his mobile last night, he was saying give her £3000 to look better for her application?
I am a Mug!
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
I am afraid that such Romance Scams are not unusual - and you can find some suggestions for reporting it here
It is unlikely that you will be able to trace the money I am afraid
Clare and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions