How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13326
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi my girlfriend from the USA are looking to get a visa for

This answer was rated:

Hi my girlfriend from the USA are looking to get a visa for a year to stay with me in the uk!
What will she needs to get it?
Some money in her account how much?
or just my address were she is going to live?
Thank you.
Thanks for your question. I am afraid she cannot just get a visa for a year. A US citizen does not need a visa to come as a visitor but cannot stay more than 6 months. If he wants to do that she has to show she will leave at the end of her visit and has enough money to support herself without working. If she wishes to stay for 12 months she will need either to get a work permit, come as a student or come as your partner . If you want to do the last one you will have to show that you have been in a settled relationship and living together for at least 2 years.

I can provide you with a bit more info on each option if you wish.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you