How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a british citizen now.Originally i came from zimbabwe

Resolved Question:

I am a british citizen now.Originally i came from zimbabwe in 2002.I wish my daughter who is 16 years old and my son to join me. my son is 28 years old.I am employed as a manager in a nursing home.How do i get to do this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.


Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. When did you naturalised as a British Citizen

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I naturalised in 2010 and got my british passport in 2010 as well
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have stated to you when i naturalised.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


I'm afraid that if your children were born outside the UK after 31st December 1982 and you naturalised after they were born then they do not qualify to receive British Citizenship. They would have if they were born after you naturalised.


They therefore have not acquired any additional rights to enter and stay in the UK than any other non-uk/EEA person I'm afraid.

They can apply for visitor's visas in order to visit for periods of 6 months in any 12 month period and you can sponsor them by executing a Sponsorship Declaration confirming that you will support/accommodate them during the periods of their stay.


If they wish to come here for an extended length of time they must either:-


I am very sorry that it could not be better news. I am sure that you feel it's unfair after you have acquired your British citizenship but I'm afraid that this is the way it works with the British Nationality Act 1981


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions