How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

letter address for indefinite visa application in person I

Customer Question

letter address for indefinite visa application in person

I am going to apply indefinite visa soon as HSMP holder.
I will apply in person in Croydon.

I need to provide a letter from my employer.
and my employer asks address for letter.

Should it be addess 1 or address2:

UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain
Box 591

Lunar House XXXXX
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Are you certain it has to be addressed to the UKBA?

In practice my client's always use letters from employers addressed to themselves (ie. the applicant).

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My employer knows my address and they specifically asks the to whom address.
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

It’s usual for the employer to address the letter to applicant, give it to them and then for the applicant enclose the letter with their application.
If you are certain that it needs to be addressed to the UKBA then I would use the address of the office to which you shall be attending, and I assume this is the Croydon address you have listed. Either way it is unlikely to affect your application though.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions