How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I overstay in the Uk, at the moment i want to have NI number,

Resolved Question:

I overstay in the Uk, at the moment i want to have NI number, can i apply to have that?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question. You can apply for a National Insurance Number at your local job centre if you have the right to work in the UK but you will be required to show documents which prove your identity such as a valid passport or immigration residency documents. As an overstayer you are not permitted to remain or work in the UK, claim benefits or tax credits so it is doubtful that you will be granted an NI number. Please see the attached link from HMRC for information about what documents you need and what you need to do before you can work in the UK :
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you