How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i got a resisidence card for 5 years finishing 2014 sept

Resolved Question:

hi i got a resisidence card for 5 years finishing 2014 sept i came this country on jul 2007 as a eu family member
i finish 5 year on 2012
i like to know can i apply for permanent residence in2012
but my wife worked only 3 years and i worked continuesly 5 years
when i check the application form eea4 its says u r eu family member has to work 5 years then only i will qualify for pr

in this case what will happend they gone to stamp another 5 year residence card again
what documents i need to show
they asking" 5 year house agreement" that i have
they r ask" 5 year bank statement" idont have i can provide" last 6 months statement" and" last 6 months utility bill"
they saying if she not work she need a health medical insurance for that year and she should be self sufficient but i dont have the health insurance

what i can do now?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Are you a non EEA national?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Ok well if your spouse has not been working for all of the 5 years then you have to show she has ben self sufficient and that includes having medical cover rather than relying on the NHS. if that is not the case you can continue to exercise Eu rights and remain in teh Uk and work but you will not be eligible for permanent residence until your spouse has completed 5 years continuously either working or living here on a self sufficient basis. you would be eligible for another residence card however which is normally for 5 years.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there any other option
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
No not really. You have the right to be here as an Eu dependent but you are not entitled to permanent residence unless your wife has been here in compliance with the rules . She needs to complete 5 years either working or being self sufficient. When you have been here for 10 years you can then apply fro settlement anyway
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what happened if we get divorced in between 10 years
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Does not really matter, once you have been here for a reasonable period and the marriage has lasted more than 3 years you can retain EU rights and stay even if you get divorced
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
in that case what documents i have to submit
3 year of her p60 and whatelse
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
you need to provide the information requested on the form which you will find here

Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you