How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Indefinite Visa, SET(O) form, parking ticket. I am going

Customer Question

Indefinite Visa, SET(O) form, parking ticket.

I am going to apply indefinite visa in 2 weeks and I had parking ticket from council 2 days ago. Do I need to declare this ticket in my application form?

Forum says:
Do you or any dependants who are applying with you have any criminal convictions in the UK or any other country (including traffic offences) or any civil judgments made against you?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 6 years ago.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : With regards XXXXX XXXXX you can no longer apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain if you have been convicted of a crime and not enough time has passed for the conviction to become “spent”.     “Spent” is a legal term that means the conviction can no longer be held against you in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.  Most convictions become spent after 5 - 7 years from the date of conviction in court.  Whilst this includes traffic offences such as drink driving or driving without insurance, it does not apply to penalty charge notices, parking tickets or fines as these are not criminal convictions UNLESS you were required to attend court as part of the parking fine ticket.
Awan-Legal : So long as you did not attend court for your fine, this means that you may answer no at that section of the form.
Awan-Legal : I hope that helps. Please click accept and if you have any further follow up questions, I am happy to help.
Awan-Legal and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you