How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CharlotteSJ Your Own Question
CharlotteSJ, Immigration Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 78
Experience:  I have 6 years experience in Immigration law and I am accredited to LSC Level 2 and OISC Level 3.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
CharlotteSJ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father has a British passport from Colony of Aden. and its

Customer Question

My father has a British passport from Colony of Aden. and it's stamped cancelled by the Yemeni home office. Can my father and his family -children and wife- get a new British passport now? or is there any way to make that happen? Now we hold citizen of Yemen.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  CharlotteSJ replied 5 years ago.
It doesn't sound like you would have any entitlement to British Citizenship given that your father had his entitlement cancelled however if you want to be sure, you can make an application to the Home Office for confirmation of whether you have any entitlement. If they confirm you have then you can apply for British passports. If they don't then unfortunately you won't be able to. Use the form below and send as much information and evidence as you have.

Best of luck,


Related UK Immigration Law Questions