How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a UK student visa for one year. My father died in my

Resolved Question:

I had a UK student visa for one year. My father died in my home country (Pakistan). i went back to Pakistan without informing My college, and it took me like 2 months in pakistan, and when i planned to go back my roommate (In UK) infomed me that he has received a letter from my college that they have withdraw their sponsorship. And i am suspended permanently and can not stay in the UK. when i heard this i contacted my college and they said they have informed the UK border agency so they can not do anything about it. My question is that am i ban from the UK as well? Can i re apply to any other college?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

You have only received a letter stating that the college has suspended you correct?

You haven't received any other correspondence from the UKBA regarding a ban, yes?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I haven't received Letter from UKboader agency that time, but its one year ago. i am not longer in contact with my friend who lived with me in london, he also quit that place. so i am not sure they have sent any letter or not.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The fact that your previous sponsor college suspended you does not meant that you are banned from applying to other colleges for sponsorship. It just means that your previous visa is now invalid because the college is no longer willing to sponsor you.

Obviously you will have to explain the situation to the new colleges you apply to and when the time comes that you are ready to apply to the UKBA for a new visa you will have to make them aware of what has happened. When you apply to the UKBA you will have to substantiate what you are saying to them so I should attempt to get documentary evidence of your father’s condition at the time so that they UKBA will be able to tell that you left for a understandable and valid reason. Provided you do this you should be fine though.
If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
UK immigration authorities do not use exit stamp, i am wondering that maybe they believe that i am living in the UK illegal? is there any way i can check my current status? or should i contact UKBA? or maybe i shouldn't just simply apply with the college and tell them the whole story?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

You will have to show the UKBA that you left by producing your flight tickets and stating that you did not receive an exit stamp. It wouldn't hurt to write to them now so that they have something on record and you can say that you kept them up to date with the change in your circumstances.

If the college has suspended you then they will have already informed the UKBA so your status will be that you have now had your visa curtailed by provided you can prove what you are saying about having to leave with documentary evidence then there should be no reason why you cannot apply again to another college and receive a new visa from the UKBA.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regads,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you