Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

righ have a friend in nigeria has been pay for the work she

righ have a friend in nigeria has been pay for the work she has dune but say she has been dune for anti terrorist for taking out money out of the country and she needs a anit terrorist certificate is this true
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Can you provide a bit more back ground? What is the certificate for? How well do you know this friend? Is she asking for money?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is so she said to leave a anit terrorist certificate so she can come back home to england i do not know her that well no she is not asking for money
Thanks. This sounds like a scam. There is no such thing as an anti terrorist certificate that I am aware of. certainly there is not such thing in English law and it makes not sense. If this is connected with the transfer of money, then there are generally no restrictions on funds transfer provided the account holder has complied with the banks requirements to open the account. As you probably know to open a bank account you need to produce evidence of identity but unless one tries to transfer very large amounts when the bank may wish to do additional checks, there are no restrictions on transferring money in and out of the uk.

There is however a common internet scam where the scammer says I have lots of money but I have to get a tax or other governmental certificate to get the money and it always ends up with the scammer asking for some money to do this.

So I would with caution and feel free to come back with additional questions.