How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13326
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

righ have a friend in nigeria has been pay for the work she

Resolved Question:

righ have a friend in nigeria has been pay for the work she has dune but say she has been dune for anti terrorist for taking out money out of the country and she needs a anit terrorist certificate is this true
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Can you provide a bit more back ground? What is the certificate for? How well do you know this friend? Is she asking for money?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is so she said to leave a anit terrorist certificate so she can come back home to england i do not know her that well no she is not asking for money
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. This sounds like a scam. There is no such thing as an anti terrorist certificate that I am aware of. certainly there is not such thing in English law and it makes not sense. If this is connected with the transfer of money, then there are generally no restrictions on funds transfer provided the account holder has complied with the banks requirements to open the account. As you probably know to open a bank account you need to produce evidence of identity but unless one tries to transfer very large amounts when the bank may wish to do additional checks, there are no restrictions on transferring money in and out of the uk.

There is however a common internet scam where the scammer says I have lots of money but I have to get a tax or other governmental certificate to get the money and it always ends up with the scammer asking for some money to do this.

So I would with caution and feel free to come back with additional questions.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you