Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

my discretionary leave to remain has expired and an extention

Customer Question

my discretionary leave to remain has expired and an extention has been denied. i want to appeal but i dont know if i would retain my status from before while my appeal is being considered
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Once a person has appealed their rejection of application the position is that the applicants present immigrations status is maintained until determination upon appeal. This means that you will have the same immigration status that you had at the date you made the application regardless of whether your present visa expires.

If your visa expires before your appeal has been heard and determination reached then you will not be deported, it will be as if you had discretionary leave to remain whilst your appeal is being heard. You can also produce evidence of your appeal hearing at a later date to show that you should not be considered an overstayer

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?
If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.
Please click accept.
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I have answered your question

If you do not click accept I shall consider leaving customer feedback which will result in other experts being reluctant to answer future questions you submit to the board.

It does not cost you any more money to click accept, it just means I get rewarded for the time I have taken to answer your question (which is considerable)

Tom