How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend in Tunisia who is tunisian. how can she get

Resolved Question:

I have a friend in Tunisia who is tunisian. how can she get a work contract
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.


Thanks for your question.


It's very difficult for foreign nationals (ie. Non-EEA) to secure visas to work at the moment as a result of the recent tightening in immigration rules.


Unless you have access to significant funds or propose to be marry/partner in a civil partnership with a UK national/foreign national/ EEA member then you would be looking at securing a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visa.

As to a Tier 2 application you will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:-

You would have to then secure a job offer from a UK employer who is or would become a licensed sponsor of skilled migrants:-

If your job is not on that list then your employer/sponsor will have to confirm that they have carried out a the Resident Labour Market Test. This test is effectively to show that there are no resident/eea national in the locality that can perform your role.

If you find an employer willing to sponsor then you will also have to meet the requisite number of points under the Tier 2 points based system:-

You will see at the top right hand side there is an option to use their calculator to work out how many points you are eligible for.

There is lots of information on Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers visas here:-

Once you are on your Tier 2 visa you will have to work in the UK for 5 years without leaving very often before you can apply for indefinite leave to remain. Once you have this you can apply to be naturalised as a UK citizen.

Sorry it could not be better news, I suspect you thought it might be easier.



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,



Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is a young married couple with a 18 month boy. They need to work to support their child Says she hates living where they are. She was wondering if anyone over here could help them get away. I don't have the necessary info or facilities to handle it
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.



I'm afraid that if neither of them are UK nationals or nationals of EEA members states and do not have any British Ancestry then the only way they could come here to work would be under the Tier 2 provisions I have outlined above.


All the information needed to make an application is contained in the links provided above. The nature of a Tier 2 application is that one must have a employer to sponsor you so it is not easy, but this is the only option.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions