Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I have a five year work permit visa issued 11/11/06 and expires

I have a five year work permit visa issued 11/11/06 and expires 11/11/11. I entered UK on 19/11/06 Under the 28 days qualifying rule for ILR what is the earliest date I can apply in person at the home office.

Thanks for your question.

Assuming you otherwise meet the eligibility criteria and the end of your 5 year period is 19/11/2011 the earliest date you could apply for ILR would be 22nd November 2011, which is obviously 28 days before 19/11/2011. I always advise my clients to date/send their application on the first day they are eligible to apply by registered post.

Date your application and covering letter 19/11/2011 and send it on that day and you will be fine.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

did you mean 22 october in your answer as you said this in your answer "the earliest date you could apply for ILR would be 22nd November 2011, which is obviously 28 days before 19/11/2011"

Sorry!

Yes, that's correct.

Tom