How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Application made to renew british passport on the 11th Augast

Customer Question

Application made to renew british passport on the 11th Augast sent to UK passport office made mistake on form regards XXXXX XXXXX of birth , silly mistake wrote born in uk but was actually born in Pakistan came into UK when 4 years old. Old passport states place of birth Pakistan. Passport office call me on witheld nos told them genuine mistake made. I am a British Citizen but say cannot issue passport at this time. Need passport to travel. Asked them to inform me of checks they would make and they say they cant.Also asked for all recordings of phone calls between us they dont have any. need passport urgently what can i do
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


The first thing I suggest you do is visit a local solicitor and ask them to prepare a statutory declaration for you stating that a mistake had been made on the passport application form.


The second thing you may wish to do is contact the office of your local MP and request that they contact the UK Passport Office and make submissions on your behalf.


Other than this, I am afraid there is little else you can do to speed up the process other than wait for the investigation to take place.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,



Related UK Immigration Law Questions