UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

Hi, My wife is on Post study work dependet visa, which is

Hi, My wife is on Post...
My wife is on Post study work dependet visa, which is expiring on Jan 2012, In this case we are planning to get the admission for my wife in a college for bachelors degree so that i can be dependent on. will it be any problem to get visa like this? if she wants to apply for student visa can she apply before jan2012 from london or she has to apply only from India??

to apply for the student visa, where she need to maintain the funds? india or only from UK.

once if get student spouse visa later, can i be selfemployed for doing my own business?????

please provide me the details

Many thanks

Reddy
8/18/2011
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Hi Reddy,

Thanks for your reply.

You can switch in to Tier 4 Student from Tier 1 PSW, please click “Can you switch into the Tier 4 (General) student category?” for confirmation of this:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/applying-inside-uk/#
You will also see that she does not have to leave the UK to to switch.

You should check that she has the requisite amount of points:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/adult-students/can-you-apply/

She can apply to switch at any time provided she meets the criteria in the above links.

If she is studying a bacherlor’s degree then she will be able to work 20 hours a week, but no more.

You would also be permitted to work, including as a self-employed individual:-
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf29pbsstudent#21818477

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi Tom, very good evening, thankyou very much for ur reply, u gave me lot of information. We will be paid for ur help.
I heardthat from 2011 July, any student joining college ( not university)
For bachelors degree is not entitled to work in UK, including spouse, is it true???
I am curently running a partnership ltd along with my wife only, will I be eligible to run the company evev after I get my tier4 dependent visa after Jan2012..
Becuse I am confused with selfemployment and business with partnership ltd company.

Please answer my questions in detail

Many thanks

Reddy

Reddy,

You will see from he UKBA guidance notes on the changes that she will be permitted to work at 325 on page 45/96:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pbsguidance/guidancefrom31mar09/sponsor-guidance-t4-040711.pdf?view=Binary

You will be permitted to work as the dependent of a points based migrant student once you have received it. I can do no better than that and my original answer at the moment because I am on my phone.

Please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Hi Tom,

Clarifying the same question,

if my wife is going to be on student visa from jan2012, she can work 20hrs a week?

and as a student dependent ,how many hours I am elgible to work in UK?

please answer my question.

many thanks
reddy
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor