Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

i received two years visa but my husband is physically abusing

i received two years visa but my husband is physically abusing me,am woried if ileave him i wont get my indifinate stay
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If there were incidents of physical violence and you report them to the police then you may be able to make an application for ILR on this basis. The basic requirements are:-
§ you have been given permission to enter or remain in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person settled here (even if that permission is no longer valid);
§ your relationship was existing and genuine (not a 'marriage of convenience', for example) when you were last given permission to enter or remain; and
§ you were the victim of domestic violence, and this is what caused the relationship to break down before the end of your permission to enter or remain.

You would have to produce documentary evidence of the domestic violence, statements and evidence of police report/action taken.

You would have to apply using the UKBA's form SET(DV) which is available for download from their website.

There are some guidance notes on the application here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/residency/dv-victims-settlement.pdf

The above link includes a list of suggested supporting documents.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Tom