How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi what age can i lawfully get married to a girl from india

Resolved Question:


what age can i lawfully get married to a girl from india and apply to bring her over to the u.k?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


In order to be eligible to apply for a spouses visa a person must be over 21 years of age, you will see by scrolling down to ‘Can I join my husband, wife, civil partner, fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner in the UK?' On the following page that this is the case:-

It is to prevent forced marriages, rightly or wrongly.



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 years ago.



i have got married to a 18 year old with parents consent...what do i do?

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

I'm afriad you have no option but to wait until she is 21. The ukba will nit entertain a.ny application that is made until she is of age regardless of her parent's consent unfortunately.

I regret to say that they are very strict on this.

Sorry it could not be better news.

Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept

Kind regards

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions