How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can you tell me please what exit visa is required for a tunisian

Resolved Question:

can you tell me please what exit visa is required for a tunisian national to leave the country for a holiday in uk ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. Is someone in the UK who will sponsor you? (ie. Accommodate you, support you etc)
  • 2. If so, please explain the nature of your relationship with the person in 1) above
  • 3. How long do you intend to stay

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1. yes there is someone who will act as a sponsor. The question was "are there any visa requirements to leave tunisia.
2. we are good friends
3. for about three weeks only
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

You will need to apply for a visitor’s visa.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

You have to try and show them that you have continuing obligations in Tunisia which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that you are not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from your employer stating you have a job (if you do) and are expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money you have available.

If your friend will assist you during this intended stay you should ask them to go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which they state the terms of your visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that if you are in a relationship with that person then you know that he should leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that they shall accommodate you and pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

You can make the application online but should prep it first only and arrange for the sponsorship declaration to be prepared by your friend by visiting a local immigration solicitor You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what info do tunisia gov. need to allow me to leave for a holiday ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

I shouldn't have thought they would need to know anything if you are a Tunisian national leaving the country for only a short break away, other countries don't.

If you are in doubt I would call Tunisia's immigration authority and double check, but I would be surprised if there are many, if any, requirements at all.

I trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

I will continue to answer any follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,