How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello, i would like to get a US holiday visa. I am romanian

Customer Question

i would like to get a US holiday visa. I am romanian and have been living in london for almost 6 years. In 2009 went for an interview in BUCHAREST for a immigrant US visa and i have been asked to bring proof of relation ship with my husband that was living in Chicago. I didn't go back for other interviews and also meanwhile I got divorced of my husband that have been married for 8 years. but the relationship died because of the distance.
Also would like to tell you passed 5 years ago i have been arrested for shoplift and thats it i haven't been convicted or anything.
can you please tell me if i will get a tourist visa? i also have a 8 years old son and rent a flat in london and work.
many thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


If you have been in trouble with the Police previously, I would suggest you apply for a B2 Visa, before travelling to the US.


To be eligible for a B2 Tourist Visa you must:

  • Hold a valid passport;
  • Intend to return to your country of abode once the visa expires;
  • Have the necessary financial capacity to support yourself while visiting America; and
  • Be of good character.

B2 Visas are valid for an initial entry of up to 6 months, and this period may be extended for an additional 6 months if the visa holder can give good reason for needing the extension.


An extension will only be granted for a B2 Visa if the visa holder can prove they are able to support themselves financially for the duration of the visit, and intend to leave America at the end of the authorised stay.


Romania is not a country on the Visa Waiver Program and as such, you will have to apply for a Visa before you travel to the US.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions