How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

..i am in touch with a family in Nakuru on Kenya...and i want

Resolved Question:

..i am in touch with a family in Nakuru on Kenya...and i want to fetch the 13 year old girl to my home for a full school year beginning this september to stay with us....her family are very happy for this and i would like you oppinion please as to go about doing this,....i can finantially support her and care for her.....i dont expect finantial gane whatso ever ...
....thank you joyce graham
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Will you be adopting the child or take legal guardianship?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
....i will be hoping to have legal guardianship of Naomi, her family would like her to sample life here and i would love to have her here, but i want the most appropriate way possible to help her and me....I speak often with her father and he says that they are willing to let her stay for as long as she can....i'm not adopting her, so i think legal guardianship is the next you think i can actually bring her here for the september school starting.....i wondered if i could fetch her here as a guest, then apply for the long tem visa later....her dad says he will forward a letter of acceptance for me if needed and i will send to hin a letter of invitation to them for her to come here....thank you..
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Naomi will not be able to come to the UK as a Visitor and then switch.


If she is coming to the UK as a Child Dependant, you will require a Letter of Guardianship from the Kenyan Courts. Once you have this, you will be able to make an application for a child dependant visa.


Before Naomi travels here, she must obtain permission to enter the UK. This permission is known as 'entry clearance', and will take the form of a visa or entry clearance certificate. To obtain it, Naomi should apply to the British diplomatic post in the country where she lives. She can apply using the VAF4A Application Form.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the good advise, could i also i likely to have any problems for her to come here, and would her parents likely have to pay any monies for this application....or indeed should i incure any such fees...thank you
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Yes an application fee will be payable to the UK Border Agency for the application.