How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am T. Qayyum , CEO of EOS , a company operating in oilfield

Customer Question

I am T. Qayyum , CEO of EOS , a company operating in oilfield services in UAE and Iraq.
My wife is British national by birth.We are married for over 10 years.
I want to immigrate to UK. I also want to form an Oilfield Services company in UK which I want to take international and work in Africa as well.
I have both the options for immigration :
1. Apply as a husband of UK national .
pl note : My wife has been living with me international , outside UK since we are married.
2. Apply immigration as an investor.Pl advise

my contact is XXXXXXXXXXX
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.


Thanks for your question.

If you are married to a UK National and have been married for more than 4 years and will both be moving to the UK, you would be entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Your other option is to apply as either an investor or entrepreneur, however, from the information you have provided above, I think your best option would be to apply for ILR. If granted, this would mean there is no restrictions on your working in the UK or travelling to and from the UK.

With regard to the investor and entrepreneur visa, after a certain period of time, you will become eligible to apply for ILR. With this in mind, it would be better to apply for ILR instead.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My wife has not been living in the UK and does not have even the social security no. She also has never done any job in UK.
She does have bank account and that's about it.
As I understand to be able to have her eligible to have me applying ILR , does she have to:
1. Have a house in London
2. Have a job or proof of income?
Pl note that I am self employeed myself due to my business and I draw a salary of 13000 UK pound a month in UAE.
As we are moving to settle in London from UAE , will we be able to do away with the above needs of her doing Job etc?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hy there , appreciate a prompt reply

Thank you
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



If I have answered your question, kindly click accept.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions