UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

My resdence permit expires on 23 july 2011. I am unsure on

Customer Question
how to answer on of...
My resdence permit expires on 23 july 2011. I am unsure on how to answer on of the questions on the application form (HDPL form). The question says: "Have you travelled to the country or countries from which you sought protection (either asylum or on human rights grounds) since you made your asylum and/or human rights claim?
Yes or No". The reason I am unsure is the fact that iI was granted my status after being refused by the home office and eventually being granted by the courts of appeal. My initial application was under the human rights(protction of family and private life) as I was abandoned here in the UK by my father at the age of 11.
I also want to know if there is a possibility of being granted or applying for permanent residence as I have been in the Uk now for over 15 years.
Please advise
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
6/9/2011
Solicitor: John Knox, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor
I understand what you say about initially being refused by the Home Office, but the important question is whether you have you been back to your country of origin (from which/against which you sought protection) since your original application. It sounds like you have not and that your answer should be NO, but please can you confirm?

Yes I have been to Ghana. I went there for a my friends father's funeral last year.

The reason why am unsure is that my initial application to the home office was under human rights act for Protection of family & private life and unsure if that question relates to me relates to me.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
John Knox
John Knox
John Knox, Solicitor