How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a South African citizen married to a British lady,hoping

Customer Question

I am a South African citizen married to a British lady,hoping to get my indefinite leave to remain in October.Am I able to have my daughter (age 32 )and her 2 children who are also South African citizens come and stay with us
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. Are you asking for the purposes of a visit or permanently?

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.

She would like to be able to eventually stay permanent

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


Does she have any British Ancestry other than when you naturalise?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately not-she is working for a company that has a head office here-is that maybe a possibility?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


I'm afraid that you're ILR (or even having UK citizenship following naturalisation) does not make a difference in terms of her ability to apply for long term leave to remain here.


She will have to apply in the normal way under the traditional ways on the following page, I should think that she should certainly investigate the possibility of her company sponsoring her via the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers visa:-



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.


I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a nephew who is here on an ancestry visa (his mother-my ex sister in law is british,would this be any help?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



I'm afraid that it is a prerequisite that the applicant has a granparent born in the UK:-


I'm afraid she wouldn't qualify.


Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.


Kind regards.


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My daughter is married to an EU citizen,would she therefore be able to come to the UK

Related UK Immigration Law Questions