How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son applied for a UK visa to work and travel in the UK for

Customer Question

My son applied for a UK visa to work and travel in the UK for 2 years but unfortunately instead of asking for a working visa he filled in the form as a visitors visa he was not advised at the UK Visa application centre in Sandton that a visitors visa could only be for six months and not 2 years. His application was refused. Do we get our deposit back and reapply or do we lose our money. If we do lose our money can we still re-apply. FJ
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  mikeotis036 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome, and thank you for your question.

Did you apply via an agent, or directly at the UK consulate?

Yours faithfully,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Directly at the UK consulate in Sandton
Expert:  mikeotis036 replied 6 years ago.
Your question is best answered by a UK law expert. I'll refer your question to that category.

Yours faithfully,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions