UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

i want to know what are the requirements needed to invite tunisian

Customer Question
friend for 2 week holiday...
i want to know what are the requirements needed to invite tunisian friend for 2 week holiday
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
6/6/2011
Solicitor: Thomas, Solicitor replied 6 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor

Are you in a relationship otherwise than as friends?

Tom

no

Thanks for your reply.

He needs to apply for a visitor's visa.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-

• Youwant to visit the UK for no more than six months;
  • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

You have to try and show them that he has continuing obligations in Tunisia which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that he is not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from his employer stating he has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property, bank statements showing the money he has available going back at least 6 months).

He can stay for up to six months and must leave at the end of it. He cannot seek to secure a more permanent stay whilst he - it would not be entertained by the UKBA

If you will assist him during the intended stay you should ask them to go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that if you are not in any kind of relationship and are simply friends, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds. You should also submit bank statements showing the monies available to you and proof of your accommodation if he is to stay with you.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

He can apply here:-

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf2visitors

If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,

Tom

if my friend only stays for 2 weeks do i still have to send proof eg bank statments etc

It is not a legal requirement really, but rather a matter of best practice. He may still get a visa provided he can show that he has funds at his disposal and the UKBA accept that he will only be here for two weeks.

It's better to say that his chances of sucess are greatly increased by you submitting your statements, but there are no formal hard-and-fast rules which dictate that bank statements MUST be submitted.

If you want to be sure though you should submit.

Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor