How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A Mauritian mother and daughter wish to return to Mauritius

Resolved Question:

A Mauritian mother and daughter wish to return to Mauritius as they no longer have a right to remain in the UK. Both of their passports are held by the UK Immigration Authorities and will be returned to them when they leave the UK. However, the passport of the daughter has expired, and the Mauritian Embassy will only issue a new passport if the mother and father sign the application form in the presence of the embassy official. The father signed the application form before he returned to Mauritus some months ago, and he cannot obtain a visa to return to the UK.
Can the daughter travel back to Mauritius on a UK Gov. "one way travel document" IS 137, and would this be accepted by the Mauritian Immigration Authorities?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


The IS.137 is a One-Way Document. As its name suggests this document is only for use by people permanently leaving the UK and is only valid for one journey. It should be accepted by the Mauritian authorities.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions