How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I run a uk business. I wish to invite an indian resident to

Resolved Question:

I run a uk business. I wish to invite an indian resident to spend 6 mths working in our business in the UK (unpaid) with a view to that person representing us in india after the initial visit to the uk. How do i get a visa for that person. we would pay for their accomodation and living expenses and take full responsibility for them complying with the visa restrictions
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
You cannot generally work in the uk without a work permit even unpaid. To get a work permit int he current environment would be difficult and you would need to be approved as a sponsor. It is possible to come for up to 6 months as a business visitor although the entry clearance officer might be suspicious of someone spending as long as 6 months here. 6 months seems a long time for what amounts to a training programme. you might be best to employ him in india and have him visit the head office for shorter periods as a business visitor. the requirements for this are here:
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you... without boring you with details, 6months is required..would it be easier to get a holiday visa if i sponsor ?
the difficulty is that they cannot show sufficient personal funds to fund the trip..i can and am happy to fund it and be fully accountable for the terms of the visa being complied with...any ideas on the best solution /
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Either way you will need to sponsor them as the immigration officials will need to see that the person has adequate funds but they will also need to be satisfied that they will return to India at the end of the visit. Usually evidence of a job and family etc to return to. that was why i suggested you employ him/her in India so that you can say that you will require them back there.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok problem with sponsoring.. but employing before is difficult, depends on outcomes of the visit here 1st..any other suggestions, best way to get 6mths in uk ? with a credible sponsor. they have no family here....
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Well as long as you can get a visitor visa it should be fine. I do not think there is any other way. But even if he/she gets the visa it is essential that they make it clear when they arrive that they are only here on a visit and plan to leave within 6 months.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
final question....what advice on ensuring we are successfull when applying for a tourist visa pls.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
the important thing fro any visitor visa is to ensure that you have evidence of means so that you can visit without working and evidence that you will return home. In particular owning property having a job relatives etc. It really does not matte what sort of visitor you are that is the key thing - there is no suggestion that you will not leave.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions