How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband works in Saudi Arabia. We have to get a Statutory

Resolved Question:

My husband works in Saudi Arabia. We have to get a Statutory Declaration witnessed for immigration to Canada. This has to be done before the end of June and he is not in the UK until July. Is it possible for a Solicitor in Saudi Arabia to witness and sign this document, would this be legally recognised for immigration purposes to Canada. The Statutory Declaration would have an Arabic signature and stamp on it. If not is there any alternative route we can take.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


I would suggest you use a Notary Public in Saudi Arabia, or alternatively, take the document to the Canadian Embassy and ask if they could certify it for you for submission to Canada.


Your only alternative is to have a Solicitor in the UK attest the signature and then send the document to the Foreign & Commonwealth Office for legalisation before sending it to Canada.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,



INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions