How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Tier 1 General sponsord spouse

Resolved Question:

Hi I sponsord my wife when I was on Tier 1 General. My wife got visa until end of 2011. I have got MY PR last month. thigs are not working well and I had to move out of the relationship. She accused me for domestic violance and complained in police to I think get settledown in this country on the basis of DV victim. Can you please suggest what can I do in this suggestion. How do i inform home office to curtail her visa?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you have separated from your wife and suspect she may make a fraudulent application to secure further leave to remain in this country based up on domestic violence then you can contact the UKBA in the way described on this link on their website:-

It will be for them to decide whether or not to curtail her visa though.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for reply however by law can she apply under DV rule? I am tlaking about this link

By law if I would be on PR / Citizen when I sponsored her would allow her to do that?

is that true?
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

An application for a ILR based on DV is for persons who came to the UK on spouse visas. If your wife came her as a dependent of you when you applied for an obtained Tier 1 General visa then I cannot see that she will be eligible to make the application.

The UKBA/Immigration Tribunal are allowed to exercise their discretion though so it may be that she is trying her luck in any event.

Trust this clarifies, if so please click accept.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for this my last question is

you suggested this link to report

and what about this link then?

whats the difference

I have already sent a letter to second link but i want to make sure that if i should send email as well mentioned on the link page by you
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

That link is for persons who were here as spouses of persons who had ILR or were British Citizens. Although you have ILR now your wife was not granted a spouses visa on the basis of that ILR - she was granted it as your dependent when you had your Tier 1.

Obviously you situation is complicated a little bit in that you have now obtained ILR, but I would call the people on my link and ask to be referred to the correct address to which you should write.

Please click accept now I have answered your questions.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions