How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I a British passport holder along with my wife a British citizen

This answer was rated:

I a British passport holder along with my wife a British citizen intend to bring over ones parents to reside in the UK. Is that possible if the parents are of old age and hold U.S citizenship?
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. How old are they please
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Father is mid 60's and mother mid 50's due to their old age, am considering if possible having them come to the UK to live with my wife & myself. Own a 3 bedroom house on mortgage in Preston (Lancashire) and we both work at RBS bank.

Thanks for your reply.

Persons under 65 are only permitted to settle permanently with their UK citizen chidren here if they are the widowed parent and exceptional compassionate circumstances apply (ie. they cannot function day-to-day where they are) unfortunately.

Parents over 65 can come to settle here provided they mainly financially dependent upon their children, have no other close relatives where they are living that can help them and can be supported/accommodated by their children without the need to access public funds.

I’m afraid that on the basic facts as you have communicated them I would not be optimistic of their chances of a successful application.

You will see the above confirmed by the UKBA here:-

I am very sorry it could not be better news.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions