How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner who is from malaysia has been refused for the 11

Customer Question

My partner who is from malaysia has been refused for the 11 month student visa on the grounds that she attended an English school when on her previous 6 month general visitor visa and this breached her conditions of stay. Her application was refused and also under paragraph 320(b) they state that any future applications will be automatically refused until 17 April 2012. She has entered the UK on 4 occassions and has spent 20 months in the UK in total. She has always returned to Malaysia with the 6 month period. I have spent 6 weeks in Malayisa visting her. I want to be with her in the UK as I am British and settled here and she wants to join me. What options are available to us to be together permanently in the UK? Would she qualify for a partners visa? I have read that we would have to prove that we have lived together for 2 years and this we have no done. Apart from apply for another student visa or marry do we have any other options? Please can you outline all our options, what is involved and the chance of success
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Have you thought about applying for a Fiancee Visa?


Many thanks,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions