Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
18726264

Hi I am an Indian married to an eu citizen since April 2007

Customer Question

Hi
I am an Indian married to an eu citizen since April 2007 ( It was a Love marriage).. we dont have any children. Now my husband want to leave me though I dont want to leave him.
My resident permit expires in Sep 2012..Even after divorce , do I still retain residece permit , after that can i apply for permanent residence on my own without his documents ? I have been working all these years
Please help me
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
If the marriage has lasted fro 3 years and you are able to maintain yourself without recourse to public funds and are in full time work then you should be able too retain your EEA rights when your current permit expires. You should be able to apply for permanent residence in May 2012
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the answer..

i am currently working as full time tutor.. when i apply for permanent residence , do I need to submitt his documents?? what if he doesnt provide them?

If you are divorced or separated as long as you can show you were married for 3 years you should be able to retain your EEA right of residence. however it will be difficult if you cannot provide evidence of his identity such as a copy of his passport. You will need something to establish the basis on which you are applying.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you verymuch..

I got the photo copy of his passport ..is this sufficient??

it should be yes. you can check out the requirements for the current form of application here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/documents-family/applying/

It is form EEA4.