How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend who is polish has got a job at a school, cleaning.

Resolved Question:

My friend who is polish has got a job at a school, cleaning. They want to know if she has a work permit - she doesn't really understand. She has a UK national insurance number and is a self employed cleaner. Does this mean she has a visa or a work permit? Thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If your friend is Polish then there is no requirement for them to apply for a work permit/visa because Poland is an EEA member state. This means that they are free to travel within other EEA member states (inc. UK) to work, free from any visa restriction. You can see it confirmed here on the UKBA’s visa services website:-

I would simply refer the employers to the above website in order to satisfy their concerns.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

I will answer your follow up questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you