How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi there my son was born in UK and I had status of( limited

Resolved Question:

Hi there my son was born in UK and I had status of( limited leave to remain) is my son has the right for biritish passport . Or
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.

To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-

  • 1. What nationality is the child's father please?

Kind regards.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He does n,t live in this country and I come here for aslum seeker
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your Question.


At the present time your son does not qualify for UK citizenship if neither you or his father are British Citizen.


If your child remains in the UK until they are 10 years old then they will become entitled to register as a UK citizenship.


If you obtain indefinite leave to remain and are naturalised as a UK citizen then he will also be entitled to be registered as a UK citizen.


Sorry it could not be better news.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions