INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

can a dlr visa holder travel to his home country

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

It all depends on what basis the DLR was granted. If in relation to an Asylum application, I would suggest not. If you were to do so and you were granted DLR based on an asylum claim, it would mean it would be safe for you to return to your home country.

If the DLR was granted for other reasons other than Asylum, there should be no adverse affect of you returning to Sri Lanka.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I said visit means on vacation only not final return pls reply
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

The answer still stands, depending on what basis the DLR was granted.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My daughter got married in Sri lanka on 6th May 2006.
My son in law' 5 years work permt was stamped on 5th may 2006.
Work permit Dependent visa was stamped for my daughter in Colombo on 15 December 2006.
She travelled to U.K. on 18/03/2007 and came back on 27/03/07.Again she went back on 05/08/07 and returned on 20/08/07.
Finally she went back on 01/11/2007 and still living in U.K. upto date.
During this period she was in colombo on vacation from 21/05/2008 to 07/06/2008.Next vacation was from 19/01/2009 to 26/01/2009.Lastly she was in Colombo from 07/01/2010 to 19/01/2010.
During her continuous stay in U.K. from Nov 2007 upto date she is working,paying taxes and has not claimed any benefits from the UK government.
Presently she is not living with the husband but not legally separated.
In the meantime she has consulted a solicitor who had undertaken to process her visa for extension and also taken the passport.
As of today she is unable to contact him.and since today is the last day of her valid stay.she is seeking guidance either to return to sri Lanka or to apply for an extension.Please advice the options available
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

If today is the last day of her Visa she should return to her home country and submit a fresh application from there.

Before she makes a decision, I suggest she attempt to contact her solicitor again.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for your prompt reply.
Since she doesnt have the passport which is with her solicitor who cannot be contacted how can she travel to her home country
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Good question.

I suggest she contact he solicitor again and failing that, she report the matter to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Their contact details can be found on the following link:

http://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/solicitors.page

Kind regards,