How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I have some doubts about immigration I live here five

Resolved Question:

Hello I have some doubts about immigration
I live here five years
my visa runs out in October and wondered what should I do to get another visa or if I can apply for indefinite visa or passport and what I do, and what documents I need.
please putting together thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Hi Luciana,


Thanks for your question .


  1. What nationality are you?
  2. What visa are you here on?
  3. Have you spent more than 90 days outside the UK in any 12 month perriod during your time here?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello Tom
is Brazilian
I have the spouse visa
I didn't spend 90 days out of UK in 12 months
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.


Thanks for your reply.

If you have been here on a spouses visa on the basis of your marriage to a UK citizen or person with ILR and you have complete two years in that category then you can apply for indefinite leave to remain provided you meet the following criteria:-

1. You are still married to your husband

2. You intend to remain married to your husband

3. You have adequate accommodation where both of you and any dependants can live without needing public funds

4. You can support yourselves and any dependants without needing public funds

5. You have passed the English Language and life in the UK test. (You can find details of test providers by calling the UKBA.


You will have to apply using the UKBA's form SET(M), which is available for download from their website.



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
and If I am not with my husband any more
is any chance
I get???
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello I had just send some questions but I didn't get any answers yet
just like to send my question again .
What are the documents I WILL need, Do I need to do first the test or send the documents? and if I'm still married but me and my husband don't live together .what are my chances and what I need to do