How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7613
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from Iran. I have been living in the United States for

Resolved Question:

I am from Iran. I have been living in the United States for 5 years now, and I am in the process of becoming a US citizen. I will be needing to travel to the United Kingdom in December of 2011. If I don't receive my American passport before then, will I be able to obtain a UK Visa from the united states as an Iranian?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.

Do you still have your iranian passport in hand?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I do.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your reply.


There is nothing preventing you from applying for a UK visitor's visa whilst your application for US citizenship is still in process.


As you are still technically Iranian you will need to apply for a visitor's visa before you travel and in doing so you will have to disclose the fact that your application for a US passport is still pending. This will not prevent you from obtaining a visitor's visa however.


You will have to apply to the nearest UK embassy and applications usually take around 6 weeks to process, but to be safe I would apply around 10 weeks prior to travel. You will have to include evidence of your return flight and proof of funds available to you to cover the cost of supporting and accommodating yourself whilst you are in the UK.


If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,



Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions