How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to apply for a visitors visa for a Thai national

Customer Question

I would like to apply for a visitors visa for a Thai national to visit the UK this year for a maximum of six months. We were given a refusal in Bangkok as there is no apparent source of income. the lady in question acts and is paid as my housekeeper in Hua Hin. I have lived in Thailand for 20 years but for the last 5 years have spent 6 months in the UK each year. What can I do?
Thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Did you submit statements executed by you both to the effect of what you have just stated?


Did you offer to sponsor her?


Did you provide bank statements for both you and her showing the monies available to fund her stay here?


Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt reply, Yes I did offer to sponsor her but we needed bank statements to show availability of funds; there is very little in my partner's account as most of the money goes to support her 15 year old son who lives under the supervision of the grandparents. In my case I did not have readily available in Thailand my bank statements. As I am in the UK at present I have the necessary statements but I was wondering if anything could be done here before I return to Thailand.I did write a statement about her circumstances as requested by the officer during the interview with my partner.


kindest regards



Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



I'm on my phone at the moment. May I reply tomorrow morning 9.00am please?


Kind regards,



Related UK Immigration Law Questions