How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I came to the UK as an EEA dependent, though on an Indian passport,

Customer Question

I came to the UK as an EEA dependent, though on an Indian passport, as we were resident in Italy before coming to the UK. I will apply for a British passport next year, after completing 3 years in the country. The problem is, my husband's country wants him to go to Italy for two years.

Can I stay on in the country after he leaves? His company is British based, we have a house in our joint names, and I have a job. He will also be coming back frequently. He will not become an Italian resident, but we both pay taxes in Britain, and will continue to do so. Will I have to leave the country every time he leaves?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  A. Valcke replied 6 years ago.
Dear Madam,

I am travelling at present and do not have the time to look into your question.

However, I suggest you make an enquiry with Your Europe Advice: they can provide you with legal advice free of charge - you get a response in 3-5 working days:

I hope this helps!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I need help with my questions, not references to websites. I would be grateful if you would refer me to another expert. Thank you.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions