How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im a jamaican looking about joining my wife in england,my

Customer Question

i'm a jamaican looking about joining my wife in england,my question is can she do the filing of me directly to the embassy here or will i be the one to go to the embassy and apply for the visa?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


Normally, You should submit your application for a spouses visa by Form VAF4 to the British Embassy. If you are to do you biometric test at the same time then you would obviously have to attend but there is nothing preventing your wife from sending to them on your behalf.


They will consider the application regardless of who actually sends it.


If this is useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. You will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,