How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Your Own Question
Andrew, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28
Experience:  Over 10 years specialist expertise in all aspects of Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Andrew is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have an immigration problem and would like some advice please.

Customer Question

i have an immigration problem and would like some advice please. a friends visa application was showing pending from the side of the uk border agency since 2002 and we were adviced just to wait for a decision til we got contacted by them. in 2010 we called to inquire about the progress and were informed that the case was rejected in 2001. they claim they sent back documents to a solicitors that we have no contact with and have to start with a new application. please help.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Andrew replied 6 years ago.
It would have been highly unusual for a visa application to have been pending for so long. Your friend will need to make another visa application which can be done on-line at the UKBA website.