How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can l apply for my indifinite stay as l am in the UK for the

Resolved Question:

Can l apply for my indifinite stay as l am in the UK for the past seven years but there has been a problem when l changed my employer l did not change my visa.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



What type of Visa do you currently have?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Work Permit in 2004-2008 from Ecelcare Company

2005 Five years work permit from Carebase Company

2008 Five years from The Chestnuts where l am working actually which l did not transfer on my visa. l am still working on Carebase visa

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I want to know whether l can apply for my indifinite stay because l have got dependant on me.

Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Based on the information you have provided above, it would seem you would be eligible to apply for ILR after the completion of 5 years as a worker in the UK.


My concern is that you did not notify the UKBA of a change in your circumstances and as such this may adversely affect your application, especially if your employer did not meet the requirements set by the UKBA at that time.


On the limited information provided above and without having sight of any documentation, I would be of the opinion that you would be eligible to apply for ILR.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you