How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have been UK since 2005 working - I had Work Permit TWES

This answer was rated:

i have been UK since 2005 working

- I had Work Permit TWES for 2 years
followed by (no gap)
- HSMP for 1 year
followed by
- Tier 1 (General) for 3 years

Do I qualify for ILR? (does my TWES count towards my 5 year target?) or do i apply again for extension for a year then apply for ILR?

any advice would be much appreciated?



Thanks for your question.


As far as I am aware, the TWES Visa is to enable people to gain skills and experience through work-based learning which they can then use back in their own country.


The UKBA approve TWES permits on the understanding that the person intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the agreed period to use their new skills and experience.


Thus, I am of the opinion that you need to apply for an extension before you become eligible for ILR.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you