How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an American citizen recently engaged with a British citizen.

Customer Question

I am an American citizen recently engaged with a British citizen. I was hoping to have him work here in America when we get married, but he cannot leave England for a few years. I would thus need to give up my small business and re-establish myself in England temporarily, once we are married. I need to know what happens to my working papers if over time we do not get along, and end up splitting up. I am giving up a lot to move to England and so want to plan well!
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



What visa are you proposing to obtain, a work visa or a spouse visa?


Many thanks,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am not sure, but i suppose a spousal visa.
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



If you obtain a Spouse Visa and your marriage breaks down within two years, your visa will be curtailed and you will be asked to leave the UK.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions