How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I m a NZer living & working in London on a Tier 2 sponsorship

Customer Question

I m a NZer living & working in London on a Tier 2 sponsorship visa, due for renewal Sept 2012. I am engaged to a British citizen. We are having two weddings, one in the UK Nov 19th 2011 & one in NZ 30th Dec. I am divorced and need some advice on where it would be best to have the actual wedding, rather than the blessing. I hoped to get married in a Church of England church here but this is not looking likely due to my divorce.
So, I need advice on whether to have a registry office wedding in the uk, or get legally married in NZ.
I would like to go on a marriage visa in good time before my Tier 2 visa is up for renewal (it's expensive to renew!).
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


From the information provided above, I am of the opinion that a registry office marriage is sufficient for the purposes of obtaining a Spouse Visa.


Once you have married, you will be able to make an application for a Spouse Visa. If granted, you will be issued with a 24 month Visa. Following the expiration of the Visa, you will be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions