How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

good day, further to my recent question, as stated i wish to

This answer was rated:

good day, further to my recent question, as stated i wish to return to south africa, however, on closer inspection of my passport, i notice that it expired in february this year. so, now besides being an overstayer by some considerable time, i now have an expired passport as well..., please advise..

Good Morning Adrian,


The passport is not as much of an issue. You need to attend the south African Embassy in order to renew your passport. Your overstay does not prejudice your right to obtain a new South African passport. It is very unlikely that they will inform the UKBA of your overstay, usually they grant you a passport and then it is your responsiblity to update your visa status on your new passport.


I believe the SA embassy is here:-

South Africa House
London WC2N 5DP.
Tel:(NNN) NNN-NNNN7299
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN7283



If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. It will be gratefully received and you will be free to ask follow up questions.

Kind regards,


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions