How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What would be the procedure if you wanted to marry somebody

Resolved Question:

What would be the procedure if you wanted to marry somebody who has overstayed their visa?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
If the person you are going to marry is an overstayer it is quite likely that they will be refused leave to remain as a spouse and told to go home and reapply from outside the uk for a spouse visa to reenter
IIf this is a genuine marriage the person might be best advised to leave of their own voluntarily and apply for a fiancee visa.

Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions