How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has been offered an Au Pair position in the U.K.

Resolved Question:

My daughter has been offered an Au Pair position in the U.K. Last year she was fined in municipal court for the offense of being a minor in possession of alcoholic beverages. How will that affect her visa application?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
What nationality is your daughter? How long is she coming to the UK for?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She is a U.S. citizen. She will be in the U.K. for a minimum of three months and a maximum of one year. She was 18 years-old when cited for the infraction.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Sorry but on what basis is it proposed she come here? An Au Pair is employment and only limited number of nationals ( which do not include US citizens) are eligible under what is known as the youth mobility scheme. She would not get a work permit as an au pair under the current rules. She can come as a visitor for up to 6 months and does not need a visa for that so it is unlikely that her minor conviction would be an issue. However if she comes as a visitor and immigration think she will be working she will be rejected, She needs sufficient funds for her stay and evidence that she will return to the us - return ticket college place or similar - and she cannot stay for more than 6 months.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions