How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received my ILR in 1997, and am planning to apply for british

Resolved Question:

I received my ILR in 1997, and am planning to apply for british citizenship. My wife is born british, as well as my three children. I quality for naturalisation in all aspects. Unfortunately I have had two convictions MS90 on my driver's license (MS90 FAILURE TO GIVE INFORMATION AS TO IDENTITY OF DRIVER) which is a minor offence. I was travelling, a visiting friend got a speeding ticket while driving my car, we did not respond to the letters and myself being the registered keeper of the car finally got a court order to pay for the fine. This happened 2 times and both during 2010. What are the chances of these two incidents getting in the way of my application for naturalisation
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
You application is unlikely to be successful. One minor offence may be disregarded but two may not be. I am not certain that this offence is regarded as minor since it involves a positive default but it may be regarded as minor. However as I say they are unlikely to disregard 2 offences and if thy both resulted in fines you will have to wait fro 5 years from the date of the fine for them to be spent.

You can find the full guidance here

including detail of what good character means and the treatment of different offences.

My recommendation is you wait but you may be able to check with UKBA what their view is.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. How can I contact UKBA?
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 6 years ago.
Telephone 0845(NNN) NNN-NNNNmon to fri 9 to 5 but expect a wait.

the details are in the guidance notes I sent you a link to