INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

We have a current immigration application lodged with British

We have a current immigration application lodged with British Columbia for BC PNP. Husband who is main applicant has a son who we have included on the application to immigrate.

He has become estranged (emancipated?) from the family and got into some trouble (16 on 25.3.95 - considered adult in the UK at this age). Social Services are considering putting him on a legal supervision order as he is outwith parental control meaning he will be unable to leave the country permanently until order is lifted and they will supervise him until order is lifted.

If he is put on UK legal order will this stop the rest of us being eligible for immigration and could we remove him from the application if this would be the case even although the immigration paperwork has been lodged and we are awaiting a decision.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for yoruquestion.

The short answer is, no it will not stop the rest of you from becoming eligible for visas or entry clearance. The issue only relates to the son and should not affect your ability to obtain visa or entry clearance.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The immigration company we are dealing with have advised that if son is on the paperwork this will mean that our application will be destroyed so has suggested we take him off? Son has picked up a few police charges also and as a result we have been advised that the authorities would not consider us for immigration if he is continued to be on the paperwork.
Expert:  INC replied 6 years ago.

I'm afraid I have a similar opinion. I do believe that your son will not be granted entry clearance, however, this should not have an adverse affect on your application.

It may complicate your application and may cause delays. To avoid this, it would probably be best to remove him altogether. Once you have obtained your visas, you may be able to re-try for your son.

Kind regards,